Thursday 7 July 2011

peaceful day by the lake


Yesterday at Lake Genval couldn't have been more peaceful. We took a different and longer route to the lake so when we arrived we were getting a bit hungry. We decided to have coffee and crêpes out on the deck at Brasserie du Lac and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. The lake is in the French part of Belgium so it kind of feels like being abroad when you hear people speaking French all around you. We were in no hurry to get up and pay the bill but afterwards we went for a walk and simply breathed in the nature. It's such a serene place.

This morning I got on my bicycle and met my two new Flemish friends for breakfast at mo'made on Volkstraat (I've already introduced you to that street in Antwerp). They are sisters that I met through my blog and since we are all food lovers (who isn't?!!) we certainly did not run out of things to talk about. It was a lovely morning in good company. Before I left the mailman rang the bell with my book and DVD package for my birthday. I opened it when I came home and I'll tell you about the content later.

I hope you're enjoying a wonderful day!

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

13 comments:

  1. so lovely and green- and I love your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my 9 y.o. daughter in her boots ;-) Could be me when I was 9 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have another b-day gift arriving soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Love my friends in Iceland who keep the mailman busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peaceful, indeed! What a beautiful way to spend the day! Love the photo of your daughter - such a fun, playful age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, Lisa! One-day trips are my favourites. can't wait for you to reveal your birthday package. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the place looks so nice and serene, love it :)

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are adorable, Lisa. I love when you include personal photos so I can see more about your surroundings!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks really gorgeous over there, glad you had such a great, peaceful time and a crepe, hmm I love crepes. So nice to meet your blogger friends:) And to receive an early birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! I so enjoy when you share your own photos with us — definitely great to see :)

    Hope you are having a fabulous week so far...

    xx, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is indeed a very nice part of Belgium, great photos.
    We loved the company at breakfast too :)
    picnic date is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely place - and amazing pictures ;o)
    Have a nice weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. now that's a sweet spot to chill out in. looks incredibly peaceful. your girl looks like she's having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.