Saturday 13 August 2011

waiting with vogue


Today, I've been doing absolutely nothing. The kids and I spent yesterday in the city centre, in the wonderful area around Groenplaats square (above right), just walking, enjoying late lunch, etc. We were at this Italian restaurant we sometimes go to, next to the Cathedral of Our Lady (above left), when an Icelandic family walked in and sat down at the table next to us. Not often that one meets Icelanders in Antwerp! Of course I visited my favourite shop close by, Dille & Kamille (entrance above), and I bought a new latte bowl. When you love latte you can never have too many bowls!

As I write this hubby is somewhere in the air, on his way to Atlanta, where he has to wait for five hours before catching the plane that takes him across the Atlantic Ocean to Brussels. He told me that waiting would be boring, boring, boring, but hey, he would have Vogue! (Those were his exact words.) I asked him to buy for me the September issue of Vogue US at the Atlanta airport so he can entertain himself looking at Kate Moss's wedding photos while he waits. wink He has been away for three weeks and I'm not going to tell you how much I miss seeing those sandals in the hallway. Of course I miss him too! Tomorrow he'll get two of his favourites: apple cake and pizza. I think he'll be very tired after travelling 7563 kilometers/4700 miles so it'll be a day of relaxation and no blogging.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!


photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

14 comments:

  1. I love lazy days. I went down to our farmer's market this morning and just sort of ambled around! Safe travels to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the name of your blog....gorgeous photos as well ! have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place and fun with the icelandic people ;o) We are back from holiday - nice relaxing holiday and now I am full of energy ;o)
    Hope you had a nice summer ;o) Here the summer seems to end now - rain and cold - we had fire in the fireplace for the last two evenings and we are only in the middle of august - aarrrrggggg ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not the biggest Kate fan, but I have to admit these images are amazing! Especially love the one with the happy couple in the car!

    Enjoy having your hubby back, and the Vogue of course ;)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I miss Europe...the architecture, the culture, the food, the shops...have a wonderful day with your husband and children. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to hubby's safe arrival. Have a relaxing weekend and have fun catching up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely that he'll be back :) Enjoy his return...and your Vogue! I think I'll try making that apple cake, too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa! Happy that you got your hubby back. It's not always fun being a grass widow (if that is even an expression in English, I've mostly heard it in Danish and Swedish).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so wonderful your hubby is coming home. Ah, the September issue, I'm still waiting for mine, wink. Enjoy your weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess there`s a *Dille & Kamille* in Brügge, too, cause I remember the name anyhow.I love these kind of shops, too and I spend quite some time in there.... ;))
    Have a wonderful, chilling weekend with your husband and the kids!
    Beate XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy weekend, and I hope your husband makes it home fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love ur photos; i m not a fan of Kate Moss but u made me curious and i'll check the pics.

    :) denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a lovely place for a browse and lunch. "He would have Vogue!" so funny! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah I love the look of that shop Lisa! Great pics!x

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.