Friday 11 November 2011

wintry & red fashion friday


Another fashion Friday on my blog. No, it's not a series of posts; I simply seem to be in the mood for fashion on Fridays. As much as I enjoy the beautiful autumn colours I suddenly found myself in the mood for something cooler. Can it be that this spring girl is ready to embrace winter? Who knew?!!

I think photographer Chris Nicholls (top photos) is rocking the December issue of Flare (see the two links for more photos and details of two editorials). How gorgeous is that red Valentino dress on Natalia Vodianova? Did the Chanel boots catch your attention? They're from one of my favourite Haute Couture Collection, autumn/winter 2010. Karl Lagerfeld stole my heart with that one – not for the first time.

Today is a public holiday in Belgium, Armistice Day, and it happens to be the 11/11/11. In some countries it's called Remembrance Day. Want a little history lesson? The 11th November marks the end of the First World War in 1918. This is the day when we remember those who fell on both sides in the Great War (1914-1918), as it's often referred to. A peace agreement was reached between the Allies and Germany, and on this day in 1918, at eleven o'clock in the morning, the armistice took effect ('eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month').

Have a fabulous and peaceful Friday!

photo credit:
top: Chris Nicholls for Flare
via Fashion Gone Rogue, left, right
bottom-left: Kevin Tachman for Vogue US
bottom-left: Gianni Pucci for Vogue Italia

14 comments:

  1. Have a great day then - and I love the pics! Oh, and so you know: I´ll bring the bowls with me to Italy. Every single one..! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I also happen to be in the mood for fashion on Fridays lately! Hope you have a lovely weekend Lisa and enjoy the rest of the Lord of the Rings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. I bet you look beautiful in red w/ your dark hair! Enjoy your Friday, Lisa!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesnt need a little more red in their life? Im drooling over red jeans....just gotta find some that actually FIT:)

    Happy weekend!

    Enter my Icelandic Design Knit Hat Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow, Lisa, fantastic this red, so strong!
    Have a wonderful weekend. Seems that you have posted fabulous things. I hope to can take a look carefully.

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen that particular photo of Natalia, it's so beautiful. We have Remembrance Day here, too, but no day off for British people.

    Have a beautiful evening and wonderful weekend, sweetheart!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa this just knocked it out of the park with gorgeousness today! My favorite color and I love the wintry spin on it The boots are just heavenly! I want! :)

    Have a great weekend and week and thank you sooo much for filling in for me next week. I'm emailing you soon :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these images--they're all so stunning! So glad you mentioned remembrance day...

    xo Mary Jo
    http://On-PCH.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fabulous Natalia looks in that red dress! Have never seen that before. Winter? Today felt like winter come to think of it. Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos. have a fab weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is gorgeous...fab colour and great lines. And those boots are fabulous.
    We had remembrance day (yesterday) too; a minutes silence on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
    Hey, don't speak of winter.... we're having a gorgeous couple of days (finally)! and the tomatoes are growing too- yeah!
    Have a good weekend,
    Helen:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! red & grey, what a exciting combination. Really like the first image on the left, such a great photoshoot this is.
    And enjoying your pictures of fall.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope many fashion Fridays will come cause I enjoyed each image! True, the "sparkling" boots are gorgeous and that Valention red dress is a dream ;)!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.