Saturday 3 March 2012

how i love todays


It is going to be a relaxing Saturday. On the agenda is a trip to the library to stock up on books and DVDs. They will make my day if they have Julia Child's My Life in France. There will definitely be coffee and I've promised hubby to bake my apple cake.

By the way, he just scared away two Jehovah's Witnesses. Don't get me wrong, we've nothing against religious groups, we just wish they would stop ringing the doorbell to impose their religious views on us. I find it so utterly disrespectful to people's time and I consider it my right to be free from such calls in my own home. I'm in no need of offers to save my soul.

This reminded me of an old story of my grandfather who got a visit from some door-to-door religion salespeople and one of them asked him in a deep concerned voice if he had found Jesus. He looked at her with his priceless look and asked astonished: "No I haven't, has he gone missing?!!"

Here are a few things that have put a smile on my face in the last days:
•  Ada of Classiq won my Marie Antoinette giveaway and her surprise thank-you post made me speechless
•  Will of Bright.Bazaar's latest tablescape 101 post filled my heart with spring. These posts are the collaboration between him and Manvi of Mochatini and they are absolutely beautiful
•  Igor of Happy Interior blog (yes, there are at least two guys in blogosphere!) introduced us to a new e-magazine called sisterMAGAZINE, available in both English and German
•  those of you who have been following for a long time know that I'm not much of a blog award kind of girl but Eliana of Just White gave one to my food blog, kitchen & aroma, which I of course appreciate very much 
Enjoy your Saturday and thank you for the birthday wishes to my daughter!

photo credit:
top-left: Rachel Whiting for Homes & Gardens
top-right: workisnotajob. via Pinterest
bottom: Madeline Stuart via Elle Decor

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend!

    It's always a pleasure to visit your blog.

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up, Lisa! Honored to be included amongst you list of stylish chaps and lovely ladies! :) Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your grandfather, I would think that it isn´t a good idea to look for Jesus in every possible home- that is if he´s missing...?
    Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I always enjoy your posts and I love your sense of humor! So funny about the JW coming to the door - Yep, kinda barging in a little and not appropriate! The cookie and hot coco looks yummy and I'm going to make that cake tomorrow. I love the way apple smells when it's cooking.

    enjoy the rest of your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great weekend (I wish I had access to your library, sounds much better than ours...)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, your mentions about your hubby and grandfather just cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.