Thursday 15 May 2014

Outdoor living

Outdoor living is a temporary series on the blog that contains stylish outdoor living areas and sometimes al fresco table settings. It's about celebrating the season of summer!


I have been waiting to start this series and get the chance to focus on outdoor living areas - terraces, patios, loggias, decks, and balconies - in various styles from all corners of the world. In summertime these spaces, if we are lucky to have one, become such a huge part of our everyday life, at least for those who are homey and enjoy al fresco dining, and I always find it inspiring to see how people decorate them.

I'm starting in Saint Tropez in the south of France with this minimalist terrace, a Pierre Yovanovitch design, that I randomly picked from my folder. The exposed beams are a wonderful contrast to the clean lines of the house, and the gorgeous tableware is a delightful contrast to the neutral coloured and stylish furniture. And, yes, there is a pool and a Mediterranean Sea view.


photo credit:
Julien Oppenheim for AD Magazine France

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I know I am just back from Israel, but I could go right through to this amazing outdoor space. Especially if I tell you that it's grey, wet and cold here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there is a 'From Place to Space' post waiting for me. It's been a little crazy week and I will be there with my morning coffee ;-)

      Delete
  2. Now how did I miss this blog post? I believe this is going to be one of my favourite series on your blog. What a simple and minimalist terrace! I feel instantly relaxed. Thank you for this Monday day-dreaming, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited about this one myself! I had to choose the images randomly because my folder is filled with gorgeous images that I've been waiting to share on the blog.

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.